Saturday, December 1, 2007

We lost!

On Thursday night we played our "sudden death" final at basketball down at the YMCA in Kings Meadows. We lost 27 to 40. That's okay, it has been a good fun year and I wouldn't bother hauling the kids out from Westbury, particularly during winter if I did not have an absolute ball (no pun intended).

So for my losers speech I want to thank Simon for letting me put basketball ahead of anything else he had on a Thursday night so I could have the car. Seeing as we only have one car, I did not really give him a choice.

And to my good ole Mum who faithfully babysat Oliver for me each week when Simon was at work. I always took the girls with me because they would sit and watch but Oliver never quite understood why he could not come out on the court and play too. It was better if he played with Mum instead.

And to Collette who would come all the way in from Bridport to play, our coach and all rounder - sensational drives into the basket.

To Lisa who kept the team together when we were short on players and never left her post defending the basket, surprising herself at how many baskets she did end up getting over the year.

To Shannon and her dainty shots she would get in under pressure and her little squeals sometimes when she was bombarded by the opposition

To Mariah for her doggedness in getting the ball - you never get between her and the ball and her fast breaks.

To Kate for her amazing ability to intercept the ball by leaping metres into the air

I will try to get a team photo too. That would make sense with this post!

No comments: