Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hangin with the Young Adults

Today I decided to have a Mummy/daughter afternoon with Sarra to celebrate the end of her hardworking grade 1 year. After going to the gym with Lisa, Sarra and I set out to Relicquaire in Latrobe to finish off some Christmas shopping.

In order to get there we scabbed a lift with Collette who wanted to go too but first had a YSA activity to attend. It was a sports day hosted by the YSA reps, Jade Whitchurch and Emily Triffitt. Jessica and Jade came in the car and we had to listen to Justin Timberlake all the way to Devonport. I'm not much of a fan so I am showing my age I suppose.



It was actually a fun day and they did not seem to mind that a 30 something tagged along. We played basketball and volleyball and then dodgeball which I sat out as Seth Woolley and Andrew were looking pretty scary. Sarra joined in and it was funny to see how daintily they would throw the ball at Sarra to get her out.



After the sports stuff, everyone headed off to Maccas, Subway and a Chinese restaurant (Sam Ziesel) to grab lunch and then meet a t the bluff. It reminded me of my YA days with little responsibility and time to just hang out and chill. Not that these guys don't have stresses and hard yakka, it's just different when you are older. I'm a lot more serious these days, the carefree attitude has gone. I must now be a real bore!!

Finally at about 2pm we got to Relicquaire and had a ball looking around and picking out presents. You are not allowed to take photos inside and it is hard to describe this shop - you just have to go there, then you will see what I mean.

Sarra bought a toe ring which she wears on her finger because it was the only size that would fit. It's got a pink little thong on it and is quite cute. I think she had a good day hanging out with her Mum. I should make the most of it because one day I will not be cool to hang out with.

3 comments:

The Kings said...

Glad you had a nice Mummy/daughter day. It is so true about being a YSA. At the time you think you have lots of worries - uni, work, boys. Looking back it really was a fun, easy ish) time of your life, but you don't realise until you are older and mature like us two :)

Cade said...

Yes the YSA do get it easy, Young Mens and Motherhood are both difficult times... I am very grateful that you decided to get a link from mine to yours, and i will now do the same for you! :D
pleasure doing business with you...

Essie said...

Simone, you are SO not a BORE! Haha! Anything but!