Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmasy Saturday

Today we had a Christmas party at church. It was organised early so we could all head into Launceston for East ward's presentation of the 'First Christmas'. We gathered together at about 11.30 for some good food and good company then we headed into Launy for the 2pm start of the show.






washer-upperers

evidence that men help clean up too
I have been hearing heaps about this show from Mum, Collette, Lisa (my sister) and Lisa (my gym bud) for weeks so I was very excited to see it. It was fantastic! It really made me stop, slow down and refocus on what Christmas is truly about.

At the end when they were all on stage together singing 'Silent Night', I got a real lump in my throat as I dwelled on the significance of Christmas. It was just what I needed as I have been running around in a frenzy like a chicken with its head cut off with no time for reflection.

I could not take any photos of the production as the lights were dimmed and I am not clever enough with my camera to work it out, even though I had the flash on so I thought I would cheat and wait until Lisa posts on her blog and then make a link. (thanks Lisa!)

Since Toni and Lisa introduced me to blogging, I have been catching up with Chelsea while she has been in the States. We grew up in Young Women's together and so have known each other since we were 13yrs old.

my blogging pals
Chels and Dave and their 3 beautiful girls have moved back to Tassie for good now, since being overseas for the past 10yrs and today I got to catch up with her. It was like the years had rolled back and no time had passed at all. And she still had that same cheeky giggle. Cyber space is good but I realise that nothing beats the real thing.

Sometimes us bloggers get teased about our blogging, but it creates a cyber bond if you like so that when we catch up in the flesh, we feel like no-one has ever left home. Obviously it is getting late at night because I am rabbiting on and this theory does not explain that I see Lisa 3-4 times a week and am still addicted to her blog.

2 comments: