Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Pre-Christmas fun

I know today is Christmas Day and I will get onto today's events in the next post but leading up to Christmas the kids always have such fun things to do. On Sunday night the Westbury Fire Service did its traditional lolly run with Santa on the back of the fire truck.

I was looking after Gabriel and cooking tea and had completely forgotten our tradition of hanging on the front gate waiting for the fire truck when I heard the fire engine siren. With Gabriel on one hip and camera in the other, I herded my three kids out the front door and went barreling down the footpath.

It was such a sight as Hallie was pushing her doll in the pram and I was trying to hoist my trakky dacks up while running with Gabriel. I had not tied them up properly and they were threatening to fall down as I ran.

We made it just in time and the kids laughed with glee as Santa threw lollies to them.

Yesterday the gym threw its annual Christmas party. They had face painting and Santa even popped in for a visit. Most of the time the kids love going to the gym and Hallie is always asking if Harri is going to be there.

Santa was not coming until 10.30 so Lisa and I did a pump class first and got down to the creche just before he arrived. Oliver had his face painted like Batman, Hallie chose a Ninja Turtle and Sarra a butterfly.

They only problem was that later we went to Pumpkin Patch as they were having a sale and I was trying to get the girls to try clothes on and not get the paint on their clothes. I was getting quite grumpy with them and flying the clothes up over their heads cursing the paint which by this time Hallie had wiped all over her sleeve. Luckily it all came off.


Sarra with one of her favourite creche workers/gym instructor, Louise

No comments: