Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bridport fun

The next day after Sarra's birthday was absolutely perfect. We headed off to the dog beach to walk the 5 dogs. I must remember my camera on that beach next time as it is absolutely beautiful. It stretches for miles with warm white sand and is quite sheltered from the wind.

Oliver got an electric bubble blower from Oma for Christmas which he had fun with


Just before lunch everyone went fishing except for Mum, me and Oliver. Oliver had a nap so Mum and I sat outside relaxing and talking. The fishermen returned with 2 piddly little fish but they were just impressed that they had caught something at all.


After lunch we headed down to the beach. We went to Mermaid pool as it is so warm and sheltered there. The kids loved it and spent a lovely afternoon splashing and playing about in the water.


Burying Oliver in the sand

On the beach we ran into the Horsmans who are staying up at Bayview. Jayne and Jackie were sitting on the beach watching the kids and Faye was walking back along the beach with Kristen and Steph down from Canberra with their kids Mackenzie and Lachlan (I hope I have spelt their names right). I had to take some photos which they teased me about but I did tell them they could not escape the blog.



At about 5pm we headed home as the next day we were off to my Dad's for Christmas lunch (more food). The Wheelers decided to stay at Bridport and go straight to Dad's from there and then go back to Bridport until New Year's Day. We will head back to Bridport on Monday and stay over for New Year's. It is supposed to be 28 degrees on Monday so it should be another good beach day.

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Looks like lots of fun. So good to see Kristen and Steph and their kids on your blog!

Carli said...

what a perfect day at the beach - bubbles, fishing and friends.