Thursday, November 29, 2007

My very first gingerbread house!

Jackie, Sister Doig, Mel, Louise, me, Barbara and KitLast night for our church cooking class, we decorated our gingerbread houses. It was the most fun I had had in ages. I think it was because we had so much lollies and we were all getting a bit hyper eating them as well. We had made our gingerbread houses at Sarah's house two weeks ago and now it was time to decorate.

I was really nervous to start, stressing I might mess it up but Lorraine looked after me, getting me a chair and some glasses to prop up the walls while they dried so after a few deep breaths I plunged in.

Getting started
It was amazing to see all the different decorations we came up with. It did not matter what you did they all looked fantastic. Kit and I went together and we did not get home until about 10pm. It was fun because we all chatted and admired each other's houses as we decorated.

We are all concentrating very hard


We filled the inside full of lollies too and I can't wait to see the kids' faces when I bring it home and they find out that they get to eat it.

For more photos and the gingerbread house recipe and template click here.

The front

The back

The side


6 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh wow - looks like heaps of fun! Your house looks great. See you tonight at bball.

make it perfect said...

that looks amazing! so sad i couldn't come :(

Chelsea Parsons said...

looks awesome! And dont go having 6 helpings of this project!!!!

Simone Triffitt said...

He,he. No I think I will leave this one for the kids.

Jackie said...

Hi Simone
Just writing to remind you about the photo you're going to send to me and Barbara:)
Love Jackie

Early Years Toolbox said...

Great job Simone, the house looks fantastic. I agree they are so much fun to decorate. I am already wanting to do another one (without Alyssa & Nikayla's help this time).