Friday, November 2, 2007

Hidey Hoh Neighbour

Our neighbour's Allen and Katherine got back from the USA yesterday. Can you believe it was five weeks since I waved them off at the airport. I am glad to say their rabbits did not multiply while they were gone. Everyday when we went to feed them, I held my breath hoping she had not had babies. Jess and looked up 'pregnant does' on the internet and it said they can have from between 2 and 22 babies. I nearly died. Gestation time is 29-35 days. Imagine that! So i heaved a sigh of relief that there were still 2 bunnies in the cage by the time they were due home.

The unpacking begins
Gabriel who is 20 mths had grown so much in 5 wks. He definitely looks more like a toddler now than a baby. Needless to say our kids have been thoroughly spoilt. I think half of their suitcases were full of presents for my kids.

They each got a mickey mouse hat with their names embroidered on the back from Disneyland along with Buzz drinking bottles, a spiderman foam game and NUMEROUS lollies or should I say candy. I put in a request for Reece's peanut butter cups and was rewarded with a HUGE bag. Looks like more gym work Lisa! Katherine also got me these beautiful pewter measuring spoons and a book on inspirational thoughts for women. Maybe my cooking will improve now.



The Robins were very pleased to be home and have a sleep in their own beds. Holidays are always nice but nothing beats your own pillow. They nearly did not make it back. When I dropped them off at the airport they had 4 bags. They came home with 14. They left some in Melbourne to be freighted over as it cost less than the over weight baggage fee.

Also they were due to fly home on Wed afternoon following their connector flight from LA but their travel agent had booked them on a flight on Monday night. They had not even left the States yet. Katherine rang up from Melb Airport, exhausted and upset to say they would be a day late and get in on Thur night instead. Luckily her parents live in Melbourne and they could catch up on some sleep there and rest. Not fun when you are 33 weeks pregnant either. But they got home safe and sound and I'm sure we will hear lots of amazing stories over the next little while. They even got to go to General Conference and Las Vegas - what a contrast.


Check out what it says on this tea-shirt the Robins got me - can't wait to see Simon's face!!

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Ha ha - love the T-shirt!! Classic. Peanut butter cups are definitely worth the extra gym work! I miss them.

make it perfect said...

great t-shirt! glad you guys got lots of fun gifts. looks like the robbins' had fun. xxx