Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Simon and Oliver's day out

On Saturday Simon took Oliver to our church's annual Billy Cart challenge. It is always held at Kim and Deidre's place as they have amazing lush green paddocks around their property. It is so lovely out there way at Weegeena. I did not go as I took the girls into town so they could spend the day with Nanny Gibson going to the movies and McDonalds before the end of the holidays.

Louise sent me some of these photos and the first two I stole off Toni's blog. I could not rely on Simon to be great with the camera as he was at the bottom of the hill with the speed camera to clock how fast the guys were going.

I hear Deloraine won of course. Last year Hallie and Sarra went and Hallie was holding onto the back of one of the carts and forgot to let go as it plummeted down the hill. Apparently she was going like 60 kms an hr and was thrown about like a rag doll. Some of the older men tried to catch her but the billycart was going too fast.

At the bottom she was pretty scared but escaped with just a few scratches. Adam Ashton caught it on camera so I am dying to get my hands on it to send into Funniest Home Videos. Surely with all Hallie's daring feats, something good could come of it.




Oliver checking out Uncle Kim's cows

Don't know what he thought he would do once he joined them

1 comment:

The Kings said...

What do you mean - 'Deloraine won of course'!?!?! ha ha It has to be rigged. They are out there practicing on that hill for weeks beforehand!