Sunday, September 9, 2007

40 years and Indian cuisine

Last night Chris and Lisa hosted Chris' 40th birthday party at the Tandoor and Curry House on Wellington Street. It is an Indian restaurant that I did not even know was there. The meals were very reasonably priced and luckily they had stars next to each one so you knew if you were ordering something mild as opposed to very hot.

My date for the night was Lisa as in Lisa King... too many Lisas in this post - makes it confusing eh? I picked her up from her madhouse. I say madhouse because Hawthorn had just beaten Adelaide by three points so you can just imagine what state Aaron would have been in. No he was quite calm by the time I got there but Lisa had some photo evidence of his behaviour throughout the game. Click here to have a look.

Simon and Aaron had the honour of looking after our kids. Not together as that would have been a madhouse, especially the duo of Hallie and Harri who love hanging out at the gym creche together. Just as an aside the other day as we were leaving the gym carpark, Oliver's window was down and Lisa was putting Noah in the car and Oliver said, 'bye Noah' so cutely and clearly. It was so sweet.

Okay back to the birthday. There were quite a few people there to help Chris celebrate his milestone. Let's see at our table was Mark and Angela Tripptree with one of their daughter's Shannon who plays basketball with Lisa and I (Lisa my sister not Lisa my gym bud... talk about confusing), Karina and Gordon Johnstone. At the next table was Mum, Allan and Jackie Lockhart (who is Gordon's Mum), Noel and Margaret Wheeler, Helen and Rob Rattray, Phillip and Gail Challis and Derek and Jenny Jones. Then at the next table was the Wheelers and the Snares - Jayme's best friend is their son Stuart. At the last table was Corey and Kylie Bailey, Scott and Lisa Prebble, Aletia and Adam Summerfield and Jason Barnett. I think I got everyone.




The hard part was picking what to order because everything looked so yummy. I ended up with something safe - chicken korma with yoghurt and almonds and a HUGE piece of naan(or nanna if you are Mark Tripptree) bread which was almost a meal on its own.

Our table was a little boisterous to say the least with Mark throwing paper aeroplanes to Scott who like the big kid he is encouraged the activity by throwing missiles back himself.


It was a great night of laughing and talking and ended up beautifully with a delicious chocolate cake made by Chris' Mum Margaret. When I dropped Lisa off I could see the television still on to the football - probably highlights of the Hawthorn match.

1 comment:

Chelsea Parsons said...

Sooooo cool to see so many people I know and love!!!!! Yay!!!!