Thursday, August 30, 2007

Brace Face

Five years ago I had braces put on. Three years ago I had them taken off. Yesterday I had braces put back on, just on the top teeth. Very frustrating. Half of my top teeth had started moving inwards. I expected if anything that the teeth would move back out to their original position but no they decided to do the exact opposite. I was very disappointed to hear this news because who at 33 years wants to have braces..... and again!

This time according to my orthodontist it will only be for 12 months and then he is going to put in whats called a bonded retainer which is a permanent wire up behind my top teeth near the roof of the mouth so they will not move again. I have one of those on the bottom and I don't even notice it there. It is glued right in that nothing can get in behind it. Why they didn't do that for the top teeth after I first had my braces off, I don't know but here we go again - taking the toothbrush everywhere, having mouth ulcers and eating lots of soup and mushy food.


No comments: