Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's Eve Day

On Monday me and the kids headed off to Bridport for the night. I don't know why I went for only one night because you pack just as much stuff for one as for a couple of nights. Simon had to work for the second NYE in a row but that's life in the blue.

Once we got to Collette's, we had lunch and then headed off to the beach. Lisa and Aaron were coming for the day and I told Lisa to text me as they got to Bridport and I would tell her which beach we were at. I told her we were going to Mermaid's Beach. Lisa wrote back and said, "this might be a silly question, but where is that?" Hmm, I thought, I'm not all that good on directions (an understatement) so "follow me".

Well I took them to two beaches (Aaron did not look impressed) before I realised I might ring Lisa (my sister) and ask how to get there. The sad thing was (a) we had only been to Mermaid's 2 days ago but Simon was driving so I did not take any notice and (b) I was relying on my darling 4 yr old who is better with directions than me, to remember how to get there and i was telling her off for not getting it right. In my defence the beach has no signage. Anyway after Lisa giving me directions on the mobile I got us to the right beach.


The beach photos are taken with Lisa's camera - isn't this one just great!!

So not a silly question at all Lisa.

It was a lovely day with the Prebbles (and Hannah Rattray who is going out with Jack), Wheelers, Kings and us. We stayed at the beach until after 5pm. I did not go in the water (not over my mandatory 30degrees) but had fun watching all the adults playing games and having a laugh. It was nice to see them all relax and get away from the hubub of life as a schoolteacher.

Down at the beach we ran into Brenda and Glenn and Sarra was so excited to see her best friend Naomi. Glenn had brought their little boat/dinghy so the kids got to have a turn. Sarra held on pretty tight. It was lovely to see them and the girls have planned yet another giggly sleepover before the end of the holidays.

At the end of the day Corey and Kylie Bailey joined us as the Prebbles had their kids for the day and we all got fish and chips and went back to Collette's house.

at the fish and chip shop

We counted up 27 people and 5 dogs (don't have a heart attack Collette - Collette is at the YSA convention in Melbourne with Jess - shh!!) It was a lovely way to end a glorious beach day.





1 comment:

make it perfect said...

Looks like lots of fun! Is it good to be finally home? Yes I am finding sand EVERYWHERE! I don't like sand either but am slowly getting used to it. Thinking of getting a big tub to put outside the back door saying "wash sandy feet here"...