Thursday, October 11, 2007

Welcome Meisha May


After our Punchbowl party I dropped the kids off at Mum's and went to the hospital to see Emma and her brand new baby girl, Meisha May.

Little Meisha May is the first child for Leon and Emma Porter. Emma is the Primary President in our ward and daughter-in-law of our Bishop. Now little Meisha was not supposed to make her grand entrance for another 4wks but decided to come early and gatecrash her own baby shower which is this Saturday.

She weighed in at 4 pounds and is only 43cm long. When I saw her I was so teary... and no I am not clucky. It was just amazing to see her, so precious and brand new from heaven, so tiny but perfectly formed in every way. The miracle of it all takes my breath away.

I psyched myself that I would not cry when I saw Emma. It has been a long hard journey for her and Leon to get to this day, holding their own gorgeous bundle. I was so happy for them but I held it together well... I am getting so soppy in my old age.


1 comment:

The Kings said...

Hmmm - I'm starting to think that you might be a bit clucky there Simone!!!