Sunday, October 21, 2007

Porter farewell

Mason and Lucy
On Monday night we went to the Bush Inn in Deloraine for a farewell dinner for Clint and Sonia Porter and their two kids mason and Lucy. Clint worked out of Deloraine with Simon and he put in for a transfer to St Helens.

Before coming to Westbury Simon transferred to St Marys which is about 1hr 20mins out of Launceston and about 10 minutes from Scamander on Tassie's east coast. We stayed there for 2 yrs. It was pretty isolated but I was working and had Hallie 5wks after we moved and then was prengnant with Oliver too so there was enough to keep me busy. And I was called into Stake Relief Society out there so my idea of blending into the scenery and not doing much did not work.

She loves to pose

They set up a TV for the kids in the dining room... good idea!!


Chips and nuggets...never goes astray
Sonia and I met in the neo-natal nursery at the LGH when I had Hallie and she had Mason. Mason was born at 31wks and Hallie was born at 41wks so we should never have met. But we did and since then have been firm friends. It makes it easy too when her mother-in-law Kit Porter and sister-in-law Justine Page are two of my favourite people in the whole world.

me and Sonia
It was a lovely dinner and Simon's boss paid tribute to Clint and the work he had done out here. I have scheduled us in for a beach visit to their place in January so it will be nice to go and relax and catch up by the beach. Yes that lovely Tassie summer weather that I'm sure will arrive one of these days.

One of the best parts of the evening was when they forgot to bring out my dinner - a nice barramundi and then to make up for its tardiness, I got a free drink, bag of chocolates and a $20 gift voucher for another meal. They had me at the chocolate.

Work mates

Peter, Martin and Chris

1 comment:

The Kings said...

wow - a free drink, free meal AND chocolates!!! What a good night! :)