Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Westbury athletics carnival

On Monday Sarra had her school running carnival. It was a beautiful day and as the school is only made up of 185 students, it did not take too long to get through all the races and be home just after lunch.

Sarra had a wonderful time and dressed up in green for her house, Westfield. She even had green war paint on and got right into cheering for her team mates. It brought back memories of running at primary school at St Thomas Moore's. It reminded me to of those running races we had when we were about 12 or 13 yrs old Chelsea. Do you remember that? Chelsea and I were both quite competitive (still are I'm sure) and used to have races at church to see who could beat each other.

You know I used to be a good sprinter, long jumper, independent schools champion but now - doing RPM (cycle class) at the gym, if the instructor says Lisa is beating me, I complain that her legs are just longer and it only looks like she is going faster. I show Simon my medals but he's like - that doesn't count because you were only like 10, 11 yrs old. True true! So really there is no bragging rights there.

I'm so cool!


teddy bear race
A proud second in her running race

shuttle relay race

Hallie and her best friend Alice off to the playground

2 comments:

Chelsea Parsons said...

ohh man, dont ya wish we had cameras when we were 12 and had more photos. I loved growing up with you! The YW years!!!

Great job Sarra!

The Kings said...

Well done Sarra. You ALWAYS go way faster than me in RPM - I HATE that class!!!