Sunday, October 21, 2007

Muffins


This post is dedicated to Ann Triffitt and her work colleagues who had a bit of a chuckle at my lemon tart fiasco.

This recipe called for banana and honey mini muffins. I did everything right until I put the muffins in the oven. Instead of modifying the time from 25 minutes for normal muffins to 10 minutes for mini ones, I cooked them for ... you guessed it - 25 minutes. They came out like rock cakes and were very rubbery and chewy. Collette was with me when I made them and we could not stop laughing.

I had cooked them for my candle party (Simon had the camera so luckily 'not invited' Lisa was there to take photos) so I put them on the table and threatened everyone with trying one. Kit was brave enough to and it was funny seeing her face. She was very polite.

The four muffins in the middle of the photo are how they were supposed to turn out.

As an aside I did make Toni's Recipe Monday jersey caramels.... and they worked!!

No comments: