Thursday, July 28, 2011

For breakfast.

As parents we are always pushing and promoting healthy food options, telling our kids that water is better than cordial, fresh fruit is better than fruit juices, having an apple after school is better than diving into a box of shapes. Many a conversation with other parents is about getting kids to eat more vegetables and swapping recipes of healthy food that tastes yummy and inviting for the kids.

Sometimes however, it is great to just let all that go out the window and have some FUN, like playing in the rain at the bike centre. Its good to just let kids be kids. To let them get dirty and play outside with no shoes on and bury themselves in the sandpit (and worry about traipsing sand though the house later), and ride around on their scooters in winter until it is nearly dark. (they do have jumpers and beanies on). :)

So when Sarra and Simon brought Krispey Kremes back from Melbourne at 9.30 last night, what else could we do but let the kids have doughnuts for breakfast!!!!





Oh to be a kid again and not count the calories!!! ;)

9 comments:

Gary Woodward said...

I of my "top 10" things that I'm going to miss... I drive past Krispy Kremes all the time!!!
I'd say it would be good parenting!!
and nothing with running around in the rain...
GOOD TIMES :D

Gary Woodward said...

oops that was from me not gaz...

Gary Woodward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kylie's blog said...

Yum!

Emily Wheeler said...

Yummo, hope you sve some for next time i come over :D

Rebecca said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh envy....

The Kings said...

Best breakfast ever!!! I will never forget playing in the rain at the bike centre - good times! Need to do it again.

Nettie's Blog said...

you are not telling (and expecting me to believe every word of it) that you actually had those Krispy Creme donuts in your house and never fell victim to having at least ONE????????
go on tell me that...Go on...go on...go on...
I am not going to believe you ...no matter how many times you tell me...
i am jealous that is why...love those Krispy Cremes...yum....

Bride said...

ohhhhh yum i'm drooling!!!