Sunday, March 15, 2009

St Patrick's Day Festival

While I was away on Friday and Saturday, Sarra's school participated in the Westbury St Patrick's Day Festival. Sarra was involved in the maypole dancing on Saturday so Simon took the kids down to the village green where it was to be held.


The day started off with a march through the streets. I have no idea what the dude at the front is doing, obviously something to do with St Patrick's Day. Maybe I should google it to find out what it is all about.


And so the maypole dance begins.............



It poured with rain but Simon said there was still a good turnout for the day. By the time they got home at 1pm, Simon put them straight in the bath because they were all soaked. I'm glad I wasn't caught out in the rain.


1 comment:

The Kings said...

Where did you go!? You have been away? Have I missed something? What a horrible day for it, but good people still turned out.