Friday, June 20, 2008

Hump Day

Today I am 20 weeks. It feels good to be halfway. It is going so much quicker than any of the other kids. Yesterday I had my booking in appointment at the LGH and I had forgotten how much paperwork there is to fill out and file away. They must hate women who wait until they are in labour to inform the hospital that they are pregnant.

Lisa had been telling me how great it is to go swimming while you are pregnant. I have always been one for the treadmill but seeing as that doesn't work for one cultivating a beer gut I decided to give it a go yesterday. I LOVED it. I was in my own peaceful world, no mobile phone, no TV, no whinging, just me and my unco swim strokes. I did 52 laps in 45mins but before you get impressed, let me tell you the length of the pool. At first I thought it was 25 metres and so I roughly worked out I did 26 50m laps, working out at 1.5km. I got out so pleased with myself until I told the receptionist at the desk how far I had swum. She goes, "um do you realise that the pool is only 17m long?" My ego was deflated. I had swum a mere 850 metres.

Now I warn you now, I am not one of these lean, sleek women who are all tummy and look gorgeous with the cutest little bump. When I am pregnant, the whole of me is pregnant. As my tummy expands, my bum does too just so it does not feel left out. My hips decide to widen twice as much as they need to, just incase the baby won't fit. I keep telling my hips, the other 3 fitted just fine but they have a mind of their own. My thighs join the party too, just wanting to help out.I must admit I ate alot of junk food during morning sickness because it made me feel better but I have been going back to the gym and eating better for weeks now, but alas I have still put on 10kgs. That's okay, we shall not panic. AAarrrgh!!!

Yesterday Simon was looking at some Thailand video as this time last year we were sunning ourselves in Phuket. He practically screamed out to me and I went racing up the hallway to the computer thinking something was terribly wrong and he goes, "check out how skinny you were back then.........". You would think after 8.5yrs of marriage he would know better by now. Very frostily I replied, "and your point is......???"

8 comments:

make it perfect said...

Well I think you look great! Always better when it is someone else pregnant and not me :) Congrats on making it to the half way mark, that is awesome!
xxx

Mike Smith said...

oohhh. that would be depressing.

still tough, good job for swimming 850 metres!

The Kings said...

I think you look great too! You hide your tummy in those gym clothes - I had no idea your tummy was so big already.
I hate to say 'I told you so' too ;) Swimming is great - so relaxing. Will have to try to go together one day - my tummy is still looking bigger than yours is now, so we can still compare them!
I can't believe Simon!! Just remind him that he also wanted this baby and you are the one having to do all the hard work of carrying it and delivering it!

Cullis Family said...

I think you look gorgeous!!

Collette said...

HAHAHA thats AWESOME...Simon cracks me up!

Chelsea Parsons said...

I told Lisa when she was preggas... horizontal stripes on t-shirts arent good!!! Loved that post. You look fab and I serioulsy cant believe its been 20 weeks already. It IS flying!

Chelsea Parsons said...

and I cant wait till Collette is married and pregnant one day!

Katherine said...

Man he can be so silly! And I swear one more word about how much you wiegh and I'll hold your scales hostage till after you give birth! You look amazing!