Monday, June 22, 2009

Meander Dam


Yesterday after church, we decided to take a drive to see the Meander Dam that has recently been built at Meander. I had never been before and I was surprised at how beautiful the area is.


I was expecting that because it is away from civilisation (not that Westbury is much of a metropolis) that it would be "a hole" but Simon pointed out things like Quamby Bluff and Jackie's Marsh along the way and the mist around the mountains in the rain was hauntingly serene.

I did not realise that you can have BBQs and swim and fish at the dam so it will be the place to go in summer when we hit 40 degrees again. :) The kids had a ball asking all kinds of questions about the dam and did not even seem to mind that it was teeming with rain.






This little munchkin loved the drive too........

but was tuckered out by the time we got home.



5 comments:

The Kings said...

I LOVE the pic of the three kids in the water with their gumboots!! Soooo cute. Also love Jonty's cute little hat and smile :)

Nettie's Blog said...

How that little man is growing up...too fast i say.... Oliver must want him too though as he is out numbered by those gogeous girls right now....we must go there to the Meander Dam too for a look ...i remember when Lyndsey was working out there on it we were going for a look but for one reason or another didnt get there... thanks for reminding me

The Jacks said...

Aw Jonty is sooo cute =) I love the photo of the other kids with their gumboots on =) ...
We have been kayaking there in summer, its awesome fun =)

Jackie said...

LOVE THE PHOTOS SIMONE..di you take them or did Simon?
I must get back into my photgraphy again..I was a little slack there at one stage..

Collette said...

those pics are awesome!! Cute kids!