Thursday, April 10, 2008

Swimming lessons are over

Sarra and Hallie have been having swimming lessons every Monday and Wednesday and they are now officially over. They were held at the Hagley Farm school which I fondly remember visiting in my early school years. It was always fun to go there on school excursions and see the animals. I felt so old now taking my own kids there.

Hallie started off in the goldfish group and was soon out on her own doing dives to the bottom of the pool and swimming out on her own. I think the teacher was expecting her to be like Sarra , very cautious and careful but no as we know Hallie is the exact opposite.

She has decided that when she grows up she wants to be a professional skateboarder. She got a skateboard for Christmas and is already doing tricks on it. She has now set up jumps too for her bike. Great! It helps that she is very good at all this stuff and has this uncanny ability of being very nimble and balanced on her feet.

Hallie completely under the water
We took her to her endocrinologist last week and she has finally hit 100cm tall, still on the 3rd percentile but "tracking nicely along it" It was a crack-up as Prof Werther had two med students there with him and kept asking them questions about Hallie's condition. They never knew the answers but I did and kept wanting to put up my hand. For a minute I felt smart, but then of course I would know everything about it. When they moved on to other medical topics, it went straight over the ole head.

Anyway back to swimming. Sarra is now in the seahorse group and is becoming alot more confident with her swimming. Not long now and she will be learning stroke technique. But because it is all so expensive and there are now only winter classes in Launceston, they won't be going again until next year. I hope it is not lost on them.

3 comments:

The Kings said...

Shock horror!! Another post! :) Hallie is such a daredevil!! Go Hallie. Your kids wouldn't lose any of it if you went to Family Swim at the gym on Saturdays with us ;)

Nikki said...

Hallie cracks me up. I can't believe she wants to be a professional skateboarder and is already doing tricks! How funny!! It's amazing how children come to us with a certain personality...I have a funny feeling Livy will be very similar to Hallie :)

Cullis Family said...

Would love to see you at Family Swim one Saturday :)