Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bridport Beach

Every holidays we usually head to Bridport for a few days to catch up with Mum and Collette, visit the dog beach , catch up on reading Mum's holiday stash of New Idea and Woman's Day and EAT - because there is nothing else to do. We always take a heap of food with us and all day long the kids just want to eat. Must be the fresh salt air.

Here are the kids getting stuck into marshmellows and Hallie helping make some rocky road slice.



We couldn't miss a trip to the dog beach. Notice Sarra is carrying around the doll. Now that there is just over 7wks to go she has started getting very mothery. Yesterday I sneezed and I cramped up, like you do when you are this far along and I said 'ouch'. Sarra very worried goes, 'is the baby coming because if it is I can help you pull him out and then ring 000.' She then prattled off our address very pleased with herself for knowing what to do. I said but alot of blood and gunk comes out too. Sarra says, 'that's okay Mum I will get a towel for you'.

Hallie then joined in the conversation saying, Mum you know a baby comes out your vagina and sometimes it even comes out of your tummy after they make a big hole for it to come out. I'm glad Hallie clarified that for me. :) When Oliver was born the girls were still so young so it is new seeing how earnest they are in wanting to be very good older sisters. They make me laugh.




We left the kids with Mum in Bridport and went to Melbourne for two days to get some temple work in before life got crazy again with 4 kids. It was lovely just the two of us - we even got to hold hands down the street, a feat that never seems to happen when you are running after giggly little kids who don't want to walk next to you. The only thing Simon really wanted to do was to go to an authentic Korean restaurant. (well as close to as you can). He so misses their food. Even though it has been 11yrs since he served his mission there, he still so avidly talks about the people and the food. We have fermented cabbage (kim chie) in the fridge at the moment that he made himself.

We stopped here on the side of a really busy road to eat some Korean for lunch. I panicked for a minute, worried that they may not have included plastic forks because I have never learned to eat with chop sticks but there they were neatly tucked in the bag for me. Phew!



5 comments:

Paige said...

Kids say some of the funniest things! I love the pics of them at the beach. They would look neat enlarged and framed.

The Kings said...

Cool photos Simone! You are becoming quite the photographer!! Glad Hallie cleared things up for you - just in case you had forgotten!!

Nikki said...

It must have been so nice to spend time at the temple.
I hope you have a few more quiet moments before the bub comes!!

Essie said...

Your kids are gorgeous Simone! Ooooh, I love kim chie too! Anker made it when he came home from Korea and I had it in Japan too! Yummo!

Jack Prebble said...

haha used to love to lick the spoon after mum bakes a cake =)... the favourite kid got the bowl! :P